** NEW ** DRIVE PERMIT REQUIREMENTS - Please read!
Information needed when applying for a driveway permit:
1) TOTAL COST:
$675.00 includes a $75.00 required permit fee and a $600.00 required security deposit. The applicant may install, or have the drive installed by a contractor, a minimum of 12" X 30’ corrugated metal culvert or N-12 plastic tile as approved by road commission staff.
2) Proposed use of drive (farm, residential, etc.)
3) Name of road adjacent to driveway
4) Distance from nearest intersection (in feet or miles)
5) Contact person and daytime phone number along with email address
6) The applicant will be required to mark the requested location for the drive by placing a stake or flag (marked "drive permit") directly in the center of the proposed drive – be sure that all brush and tall grass are cleared away from the stake and that the name faces the roadway. We do have stakes available in our office if you need one.
The road commission inspector will review the site within 5 working days after receipt of the application/permit form and payment. Click on the link below to apply:
Application and Permit Form
To use the fillable Application and Permit Form above please download the free ADOBE READER software.
Link is below:
* If you are not able to use the fillable form and email it using a default email, please mail or fax the completed application and permit form along with payment. We also have a dropbox next to our mailbox at our facility for you to drop your permit and payment.
*For your convenience you can pay by credit card via the GOVPAYNET link on the home page.
A driveway shall be so located that it will cause no undue interference with the free movement of the traveling public and provide the most favorable vision and grade conditions possible for motorists using the roadway. The driveway shall be consistent with the development of the site considering proper traffic operations and safety. MAKE SURE THE LOCATION SELECTED WILL PROVIDE THE BEST AVAILABLE SIGHT DISTANCE.
A driveway, including the radii and entire culvert, shall be located within the area between the applicant’s property lines. A driveway radii and/or culvert may extend outside of the property line area only if the adjacent property owner certifies in writing that they will permit such an extension.
A driveway shall not be located within 100 feet of a county road intersection.
The road commission recommends that the majority of heavy trucking be completed before installing the drive culvert (this can usually be done by filling in the existing ditch or installing a temporary culvert).
Installation instructions will be included with the approved permit and receipt of payment. These will come via email. If no email is listed they will be mailed.
Upon completion of the drive the applicant must submit a Completion Notification Form. No deposits will be released until this form has been submitted. REFUNDS MUST BE REQUESTED WITHIN ONE YEAR OF PERMIT EXPIRATION OR SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED. We typically refund twice a month.